Thank you for stopping by. If you came here through a search engine
you probably were looking for things related to
A lot has changed since I first started this site. When I started it I
live coding streams on YouTube. It has been some time since
I have done one last though. Currently I am focusing on independent
Security Research and education in the field of
I strongly believe that from the information security work field we should educate other professionals to apply security best practices in their daily work. For most people security is secondary to getting the job done, so awareness is key!
Sticking to my own principles I started teaching at several
Universities. I focus on
Tactics and Techniques.
Below you can find projects I am working on, and longer form articles (or series of articles).
Advent of Code
A collection of multiple articles centered around a main topic. I
write these to share my experiences. They can cover anything from
certification studies to
Reverse Engineering or the use of the world's
The projects I am currently spending my time on. These pages are updated quite frequently as they also are my notebook on the subject. I tend to keep extensive notes on my projects.
- Linux on the Dell XPS 13
- For my new job I had the chance to order a new laptop. Up to now I always used MacBook Pro laptops, ever since switching to them in 2006. But my love for Linux made me choose something else. Read about my experiences.
- Reverse Engineering
- If you are curious as to how software works you might like to pick up reverse engineering as a hobby.
- GNU Emacs (project page)
- I have been using GNU Emacs since 2000, making it one of the tools that has stuck with me for the longest (only exceeded by Java and the JVM).
- Linux on the desktop
- I have been running Linux full-time on my main workstation. Read about the things I run into, how I fix them and what works (and what not).
These are somewhat older, perhaps even outdated, projects.
- Linux on a MacBook Pro
- getting Arch Linux running on a MacBook Pro is anything but simple. I documented all the steps required.
- Live Coding
- I started my YouTube channel with a series of live coding episodes where I would work on Clojure applications together with the audience. I have not done any live coding in a while now,so I consider this project as stuck.